Sunshine Family News,
September 10, 2012
Free CleanStart or Super Trio
Sunshine Rewards is growing in popularity. Are you spreading the rewards?
Share Sunshine Rewards during September and October and get a FREE box of Super Trio® or CleanStart®! Enroll your new(er) Members* in this incredible program. No Limits!
Start sharing the rewards today!
Five (5) Things You May Not Know About NSP
Here’s a great blog post about Nature’s Sunshine Products!
We often boast about our state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Spanish Fork, and with good reason. Most nutritional companies don’t invest the time, energy and money into producing their own product. Not so with Nature’s Sunshine. We make our products in-house so that we can guarantee the purity, potency and quality that we’re known for. Here are five fun figures about our plant and what we do there.
• 265,000: The number of square feet in our plant. Over 24,000 square meters of space dedicated to manufacturing, testing and warehousing our raw materials and finished products. The most recent expansion, completed in 2002, added almost 150,000 square feet and more than doubled our production capacity.
• Over 400: The number of herbs and other raw materials we source for our products. And every one of them goes through strict testing procedures to make sure that it’s good enough for your body. Most companies will take a suppliers word about their raw materials, but not us. If anything doesn’t meet our standards, it’s immediately sent back to the supplier.
• Nearly 1,300: The number of active product formulas we have. No other nutritional company in the network marketing industry can compare with the sheer volume of products we offer, especially on a global scale. Many of our competitors can count their entire product offering on two hands, while some can make it into the double digits. Within the U.S. alone, NSP offers around 600 unique products.
• 500,000: The number of finished products we produce each week. Most NSP distributors order one box of products in a month. Imagine getting 5,000 boxes of product in a single day. Yeah, that’s about how much we make each day. And just like our raw materials, every batch of finished products is thoroughly tested to make sure it’s worthy of our label.
• Almost 2 BILLION: The number of capsules and tablets we make in a year. If you laid them all end to end, you’d form a chain that would wrap around the world three times with a little more to spare. Do we really need to say anything more?
Social Media Tools to Build Your NSP Business
If you’re into the social media aspect of the internet and enjoy promoting your business through it, here’s a great article with 61 links to websites that can help you.
To have success on social media, you either need to be relevant or entertaining – or both.
Those aspects – sharing quality content, providing relevant information and tips, and having interaction with fans — will determine whether or not social media will work for you. It will bring in customers to your website where they can be converted into sales.
While that should be the foundation for your social efforts, there are also a ton of social tools that will save you time and help you get the most out of social media. Some are free, some are not. You won’t need to use them all, but try a few to see what works for you.
NSP’s Monthly Themes – More Focus for Greater Rewards
From Nature’s Sunshine’s Manager Extra, September 2012
A few months ago, NSP began featuring monthly themes, where we focus on a certain group of products and provide marketing materials and coordinated special offers. For example, this month, we focus on Immune Health. The article preceding this page provides information on that subject and on six NSP products that support immune system health. Four of these products will be discounted up to 25% off this month (either Sept. 1–15 or 16–30). Take advantage of our special offers on theme products every month!
You will also find coordinating monthly theme resource materials online, including:
• A topical newsletter, written by NSP’s own Dr. William J. Keller, with plenty of cutting-edge research about natural ingredients in this month’s theme products. Print a few copies of this “hot topic” paper and share them with members and customers.
• A monthly webinar (available at www.nspwebinars.com) where you can listen to a health expert discuss body systems and the NSP products that support them.
• A retail-focused poster and flyer featuring one or more of the theme products.
• A template for customizable bag stuffers that you can use with a retail business.
• A point-of-purchase display supporting one of this month’s products or a body system.
Our aim is to give you tools that you can use to educate and interest customers in these products and allow them to save money since the products are available at a discount.
To find more information each month, log in on our website (www.naturessunshine.com), and in the members section, click on “Retail Business.” Enjoy the materials and make sure your group members know about them too!
NSP Advances Quality Testing Once Again
by Lynda Hammons, VP of Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Nature’s Sunshine is renowned throughout the world for our commitment to quality and the stringent testing we have in place. With the help of our Quality Assurance department, we’re constantly raising the bar for quality testing in the industry.
The Methods Development group of Quality Control has developed an improved method for testing the polysaccharide content of Wolfberries. Wolfberry, also commonly known as goji berry, is the fruit of Lycium barbarum and is a key natural ingredient in NSP’s Thai-Go. The wolfberry used by Nature’s Sunshine is from the Ningxia, Qinghai and Tibet regions of China.
The polysaccharides in Wolfberry are just one group of phytochemicals in wolfberry. There are 8 polysaccharides and 6 monosaccharides in Wolfberries. The polysaccharide content is critical in assuring the quality of wolfberries. These polysaccharides have been studied extensively and have been shown to have numerous beneficial effects on the body.
NSP developed a method when this raw material was first used in Thai-Go. Recently, however, Dr. Zhe Zhang in our Methods Development group, used the high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) coupled with a evaporative light scattering detector to improve the method for testing these polysaccharides. The improved procedure expands the application scope of our current method so that we can better test the natural variability from wolfberries sourced from different regions as well as different harvests and weather conditions. This improved testing allows NSP to continue to raise the standard for the highest quality and guarantees lot-to-lot consistency of actives.
Key Strategies to Boost Immune System Health
We want to help everyone learn how to have optimal immune system health. Join us to learn how you can overcome immune system obstacles with lifestyle changes and premium-quality NSP supplements.
Digestive Distress: Key Methods to Overcome Digestion Roadblocks
This summer we want to help everyone learn how to have optimal digestion for improved health. Join us with NSP Manager Instructor Brenda Montrella to see how you can overcome digestive distress with lifestyle changes and premium-quality NSP supplements.
Healthy Men, Happy Men: Specific Strategies to Improve Men’s Health
NSP’s Body Systems School 2012
Join NSP for a school in your area this year. This year’s seminars offer a brand-new meeting geared especially to members, customers and new managers.
• Learn the fundamentals of natural health. Discuss basic health needs, discover keys to being healthier. • Study all 10 body systems in depth. Learn biology, basic functions and common problems of each system.
• Discover health supplements that support each body system. Find out how to get yourself and your customers on the path to better health.
• Review the benefits of a Nature’s Sunshine business. We’ll cover sharing tools, quality, loyalty rewards program, proven business strategies and more.
Find a school near you!
Cost: $35 per person
Seminar time: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Call 1-800-223-8225 to register.
Materials you get to take home:
• Introduction to Natural Health workbook
• The new NSP from A to Z guide
• NSP’s brand-new Unsurpassed Quality DVD
Call 1-800-223-8225 to register.
|9/15/2012||English||Denver, CO||Denver Marriott City Center
1701 California Street
|9/15/2012||English||Leominster, MA||Four Points Sheraton
99 Erdman Way
|9/15/2012||English||Los Angeles, CA||Los Angeles Airport Marriott
5855 W. Century Blvd.
|9/22/2012||English||Birmingham, AL||Birmingham Marriott
3590 Grandview Parkway
|9/22/2012||English||Newport News, VA||Marriott at City Center
740 Town Center Drive
|10/13/2012||English||Garden Grove, CA||Anaheim Marriott Suites
12015 Harbor Blvd.
|10/13/2012||English||Hutchinson, KS||Ramada Hotel
1400 N. Lorraine Street
|10/13/2012||English||Indianapolis, IN||Hilton Indianapolis North
8181 North Shadeland Ave.
|10/13/2012||English||Lafayette, LA||Homewood Suites
201 Kaliste Saloom Road
|10/20/2012||English||Jamestown, NY||Chautauqua Suites
215 W Lake Road
|10/20/2012||English||Oak Brook, IL||Oak Brook Hills Marriott
3500 Midwest Road
|10/20/2012||English||St. Henry”s, OH|
|10/20/2012||English||St. Henrys, OH||Romers Catering
321 S. Eastern Ave.
|10/20/2012||English||The Woodlands, TX||Homewood Suites
29813 I-45 North
|10/27/2012||English||Altoona, PA||The Casino
300 Lakemount Park Blvd.
|10/27/2012||English||Marietta, OH||Comfort Inn
700 Pike Street
|11/10/2012||English||Kohler, WI||The American Club
|11/10/2012||English||Santa Clara / San Jose, CA||Santa Clara Marriott
2700 Mission College Blvd.
|11/17/2012||English||Acme, MI||Grand Traverse Resort
100 Grand Traverse Blvd.
|11/17/2012||English||Philadelphia, PA||Hilton Philadelphia Airport
4509 Island Avenue
Stay In Touch with The Herbs Place
There are numerous ways to stay in touch with us:
Our Website Is For You … Not Just Shoppers
The Herbs Place has been adding content to the website since it began in 1998 and we’ve never stopped. There’s a lot of information there for you, so make use of it with the search engine. There are over 8,000 pages and literally a million links to information. For ideas on health problems, use the online catalog. Testimonials are favorites since they tell you what worked for somebody else. We can’t show them on The Herbs Place due to FTC/FDA laws, so we have posted years of success stories on our TheFrugalLife.com site. You can share these testimonials with customers by cutting and pasting it into an email.
Some people in our group love working most with animals instead of people. We have herbal success stories for pets in the pet area of The Herbs Place website. Also check out our dedicated pet website, Healthy Pet Corner, and use the search engine.
Nature’s Sunshine’s Website Business-Building Resources
Each distributor has their own learning style and today’s training is geared with that in mind. Nature’s Sunshine has a lot of content and education online in various formats of reading, viewing videos or listening to audios, along with local seminars each year. Plan to attend the scheduled webinars which are still free. Most companies charge for these, so don’t ignore these great educational benefits.
Make the investment to spend hours on the website and find out what all is available to you there. There are links to the blog and Sunshine Community and forums. There are webinar, magazine and article archives.
My NSP Websites
If you have or want a MyNSP Website, you have access to a lot of information on building your business with an online focus. If you haven’t signed up for your website yet, please use our account number as your referral when you do: 109373
Other Business-Building Resources
Natural Health School – Free Herbalist Training Course
Nature’s Field – Free Subscription
Getting Health Questions Answered
NSP Forum – No longer Active – Search for posted responses
NSP Advisor – Specific questions about health
Product and Health Information by Steven Horne
Books, CDs, DVDs, Etc. – Building Your Own Library
Nature’s Treasure Chest – Ailment Guide
Sound Concepts – Nature’s Tools
Online Herb and Dietary Supplement Information
PDR Health is an online source of health-related information that is written with the consumer in mind. It is broken into four main sections: disease overviews, treatment options, drug information (includes information on prescription drugs, over the counter drugs, herbs and nutritional supplements) and clinical trials.
Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia and has become the largest reference source on the Internet. Type in the name of an herb, supplement, health condition, etc., and you will be guided to entries with extensive information. One word of caution: Anyone with computer access to Wikipedia can edit the entries. As a result, the entries are quite up to date, but there can also be significant misinformation.
Dietary Supplement Information Bureau and Natural Products Foundation
This website contains information about the supplement industry as well as herbs, vitamins and homeopathic remedies. It also has a link to an online version of the Dietary Supplement Information Bureau’s publication, Field Guide to Herbal Dietary Supplements.
The renowned Mayo Clinic weighs in on health and healthy lifestyles. This site covers health and nutrition at every stage in life.
About This Mailing
This newsletter is mailed monthly. We also send out 1-2 other emails a month if there’s training or something important to share. If you do not wish to be on this business mailing, use the unsubscribe link below.
The content of this monthly newsletter is directed to members doing a Nature’s Sunshine business in The Herbs Place organization. Any benefits or offers in them are directed solely to this group of people.
Randal & Donna Watkins
The Herbs Place.com