What About Children That Can't Swallow Pills?Here's a few options:
• Take herb capsule and empty contents into peanut butter, apple sauce or fruit juices.
• Liquid Herbs (in glycerin) can be added to juice or givendirectly into the child's mouth.
• Herbal Extracts contain alcohol. Put in hot water and stir to dissipate the alcohol. Let stand for 5 - 10 minutes and then take orally.
• The extract or "strongly brewed tea" can be rubbed on the feet, tummy or spinal area.
• Add tea to warm bath water. Open pores will allow the herbs to be absorbed into the bloodstream.
• Warm teas can be administered as an enema.
• Add to food being cooked such as pancakes, muffins, or cookies
Boiled Cookie Recipe for Using Herbs1/2 stick of butter 1/2 c. sweetener (maple syrup, honey, etc.) 1/4 c. carob powder 1 t. vanilla 1 c. almond or peanut butter 1-1/2 c. oatmeal (you can use LOCLO for 1/2 of this amount if you need to get fiber into your child) 1/4 c. raw sunflower seeds
Melt butter in a pot over the stove. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until all ingredients are mixed. Now add the herbs. Drop by spoonful onto plate and refrigerate.NOTE: You can add up to 25 capsules to this recipe.
Rhonda Dial contributed this recipe. She used this with her son to get him to take the herbs. She successfully was able to help rid her son of cystic fibrosis using this method to get in the nutritional supplements he needed.