Biological stressors are all around us, constantly struggling to gain a stronghold in our bodies. Most of the time we don’t think about microorganic creatures in the environment because of our immune system. Occasionally, certain microorganic agents gain the upper hand and call our immune systems into action. In times like these our bodies need all the nutritional support they can get.
• Supports the immune system.
• Fights off biological stressors.
• Strengthens the liver.
Properties of Ingredients
• Dandelion root has nutritive and strengthening properties for the liver, kidneys, stomach and blood.
• Purslane herb was eaten by American pioneers and in the Orient in the belief that it nourishes the liver and blood.
• Indigo leaves and root were traditionally used to support the detoxification process.
• Bupleurum root is a Chinese bitter herb that nourishes the liver and promotes perspiration.
• Pinellia rhizome has been used traditionally in China for building the stomach, spleen, liver and pancreas.
• Scute root has been used to support the gallbladder and spleen.
• Cinnamon twig is added to VS-C as a catalyst.
• Licorice root adds harmony and nourishes the adrenal glands.
• Ginseng root is a well-known adaptogen, promoted as a general body builder.
History of VS-C
VS-C was developed by Dr. Wenwei Xie. His formulation is based on centuries-old Chinese herbal philosophy. Dr. Wenwei Xie, a traditional Chinese medical doctor from Beijing China, came to the United States as part of a research project on Chinese remedies for the herpes simplex virus. He formulated this product and tested it in the lab. It reduced viral counts more than 50% with no toxicity!
The researchers were unable to find any “active” compounds in the herbs that could be developed into drugs, so the project was abandoned. As a result, he introduced the formula to Nature's Sunshine, who made it commercially available. When looking for a company with which to share his formula, Dr. Xie picked Nature's Sunshine above all the rest.
VS-C contains dandelion root, purslane herb, indigo leaves and root, thlaspi herb, bupleurum root, pinellia rhizome, scute root, cinnamon twig, licorice root and ginseng root.
Adults: Take 4 capsules two to four times daily with food or if using the liquid form, take 30–40 drops two to four times daily. Children: Use half the adult recommendation.